Re: Re: [dwm] dwm-0.9 / dmenu-0.4

From: Tube <tube_AT_count0.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 09:54:48 +0200

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 08:42:03AM +0200, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:

> > when e.g. starting a term in any tag/view/whateveryoucallit then
> > changing to another tag/view/whateveryoucallit and then quitting dwm
> > (M-S-q) the WM quits but X doesnt. you only can Ctr-Alt-BS kill X to get
> > back to the console
>
> How does your .xinitrc looks like? I suspect the program which
> provides status text doesn't exits if dwm closes the pipe.

that's how i call dwm:

while true
do
  echo `/bin/date '+%x %H:%M:%S'` `uptime | sed 's/.*://; s/,//g'`
  sleep 1
done | dwm

> > and pls consider once more flipping through the tags/views/...!!!
>
> As I already told, that makes no sense, because there is no
> prev/next tag, because several tags can be viewed at the same
> time. This is indecidable and all heuristics suck.

but let's say that when you M-S-l the POV turns to only display tag 1
(or maybe tag 0), then after the next M-S-l tag 2 (resp. 1) and so on.
and at the end there _is_ an order of the tags - i.e. the order in the
code, no matter how you call the tags (by number or by string).

ok, maybe you consider that another feature with too much additional
code, then i will accept that (what else should i do? ;) but i _did_ use
that way to flip through the tags

HAND
tube

--