Re: [dwm] popup on a window in two tags : bug?

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_10kloc.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 17:23:00 +0200

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 01:11:43PM +0200, Capit Nicolas wrote:
> The background:
>
> in config.h I have the rule:
>
> { "Mozilla-thunderbird-bin.*", "Mail", False}, \
>
> when dwm is running I type the shortcut corresponding to :
>
> { MODKEY|ControlMask|ShiftMask, XK_apostrophe, toggletag, { .i = 4 }
> }, \
>
> (I am with a french keyboard that why I use XK_apostrophe)
>

> So my Thunderbird window is tagged with "Mail" and with the 4th tag. But
> when a popup occured on this window and I am displaying only the 4th tag
> then I can't see this popup and I must go to the tag "Mail" to respond to
> this popup.
>
> Is there a way to display this kind of popup on all tags that handle the
> window of Thunderbird?
>
> This problem is probably the consequence of my static Rule defined in my
> config.h; but is it the normal behaviour?

Actually I tried to reproduce or to understand what you are
asking. But I don't understand what you ask anymore.

I have following rule in my setup:

{ "Firefox.*", "net", False }

Now, I look at "work" and "net" I see the firefox main window.
If I open the About window of firefox, it is tagged with "net"
as well, thus it appears in my view (because I look at "net" AND
"work"). If I don't look at "net" the window does not appear in
the "work" view, because it is not tagged with "work".

There is nothing wrong with this behavior. Do you expect
something different?

Regards,