Re: [dwm] placement of tags on titles

From: Sander van Dijk <a.h.vandijk_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 20:03:52 +0000

On 8/22/06, David Tweed <tweed314_AT_yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Just checking: are you definitely saying `it is confusing' rather than
> `I can imagine logically that someone might find it confusing'? (Ie, are you
> or someone you know confused by this?)

I can imagine that it might be confusing in general, because of the
inconsistency with the statusbar; like I said, in the long run
inconsistency sucks more than the initial effort of learning something
new. Also, and maybe this is just because I'm insane, I actually scan
right to left when I know the information is right-aligned
(upper-right, rather than upper-left corner). When I want to know I
window's title, I know it's in the upper-right, and that's where I
start looking; from there, I scan back left to the start of the
rightmost item (title). So from my pov, displaying the title as the
leftmost part of a topright alligned item, has two big drawbacks.
Hence, I consider the removal of tags from the titlebar completely a
better option than reversing the display-order (although that removal
would suck too, since then there's know way to tell what tags are
applied to a window, and with tagtoggling it would be way to easy to
lose track of what the current status is).

Greetings, Sander.