Re: [dwm] placement of tags on titles

From: David Tweed <tweed314_AT_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 17:14:34 +0000 (GMT)

| And by the way, I believe that the current way of highlighting the
| tags of a client isn't that great either (it's not obvious enough to
| interpret in one glance, yet too obtrusive to completely ignore). This
| "little box in one of the corners" idea mikshaw proposed looks better
| to me (though I'll have to use it a bit longer to be sure). At least
| it's clearer than the current situation.

Just a data point: on my setup I have

#define FONT "-*-helvetica-bold-r-normal-*-14-*-*-*-*-*-*-*"

and I find the highlighting of tags slightly difficult to spot. It's not
necessarily that the mechanism is wrong, but as it doesn't scale
with the font size, it tends to become less noticeable. If you do try
something like a box in the corner, I think this is one time when it
makes sense to scale with the space used for the box overall
rather than expressed in absolute number of pixels.

cheers, dave tweed