Re: [dwm] placement of tags on titles

From: Sander van Dijk <a.h.vandijk_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 10:26:51 +0200

On 8/25/06, Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_10kloc.org> wrote:
> > If that makes it in, a fourth bgcolor could even be worth considering,
> > for the modelabel and clienttitles (I'd put that modelabel to the far
> > left of the statusbar, and then an additional bgcolor would be good to
> > avoid confusion; using the same bgcolor for the modelabel and
> > clienttitle would make it immediatelly clear where the row of tags
> > begins and ends).
>
> I think such mode indicator should have the same bg color as the
> status text area...

Hm... I'm not sure about that. The mode indicator should have a
different color than the tags, to avoid confusion. Giving the mode
indicator the same color as the status text area should fix that, but
then there's still the unclarity when the last tag is selected (since
it'll have the same color as the client title). If we're going to add
more colors anyway, I'd rather see it something like this:
DEFBG
SELBG
UNSELBG
STATUSBG
with mode and clientitle (both in the statusbar and on clients) having
DEFBG, selected tags SELBG, unselected tags UNSELBG, and status text
STATUSBG.

Gr. Sander.