Re: [dwm] placement of tags on titles

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_10kloc.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 15:16:40 +0200

On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 03:00:58PM +0200, Sander van Dijk wrote:
> On 8/25/06, Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_10kloc.org> wrote:
> >On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 01:16:09PM +0200, Sander van Dijk wrote:
> >> Looks pretty sharp! Somehow it looks 'cleaner' without borders. One
> >> thing though: I'm afraid (can't test now, not a unix box) that when
> >> the rightmost tag is selected for viewing, it'll blend with the
> >> selected client's title. Any ideas on how to solve that?
> >
> >yes, see this shot: http://wmii.de/shots/dwm-20060825.png
> >(updated)
>
> Nice, This looks great. I'd suggest to leave a blank pixel between all
> conceptually different groups in the bar though, not just between tags
> and title (after all, that would mean only two extra pixels: one
> between mode and tags, and one between title and status). I think
> that's conceptually more correct.

Actually, the mode area, the status text area and the 1px
separator between tags and client title share the same bg color.
This this is the case already without wasting 2 extra pixels ;)

> Btw. I noticed that you changed the tiled mode indicator from '=' to
> '|'. To me, neither of those suggest 'tiling'; why not use the '#'
> that was used before dwm-0.1? '~' looks like a wave, floating, and '#'
> looks (with some imagination) like some tiled windows (at least i
> looks more like it than '=' or '|').

Do what you like with them, there is FLOATSYMBOL/TILEDSYMBOL
now. Actually such symbols are pretty much dependend from the
font in use, # looks ugly with many fonts... I pushed ~/# as
default symbols, however, I personally use: "><" for floating
and "|=" for tiling...

Regards,