Re: [dwm] Comments

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_10kloc.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 08:17:52 +0200

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 04:58:55PM +0100, ste.buffaishere_AT_tin.it wrote:
> But reading the code a question arise: what says the philosphy
> of this project about comments?

I follow the rules about comments defined in The Practice Of
Programming by Kernighan and Pike. Comments are only supplied if
the code isn't self-explaining enough and needs more context
information. However I agree that some parts would gain
readability and provide a better understanding if there were
comments. Though, no comments are better than wrong or outdated
comments, which are misleading.

> Here a comment like "we want to avoid zombie process and
> detach the spawned from the current process" would be useful.

Yes, I agree on that. However, I thought that most C hackers
already know the double-fork trick.

Regards,