[dwm] Java programs not displayed correctly

From: Pavel Samek <psamek_AT_redash.cz>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 12:22:24 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!
First, thanks for great piece of sw!

The only problem I have with dwm (1.5) is that java applications are not
displyed correctly with Sun jvm 1.5.0_07. To demonstrate the problem you can
simply run the jconsole tool from J2SE distribution. There are two windows:
- entry dialog "JConsole: Connect to Agent"
- main window "J2SE 5.0 Monitoring & Management Console"
The dialog is displayed ok, but the main window shows only empty gray frame
(should be frame with menu bar, one menu item "Connection").
The same for other java apps having a frame with menu bar.
Other window managers like WindowMaker, Xfce4 display it correctly.
I believe the problem is with the Sun jvm, but knows someone some workaround?

Thanks.
Pavel.