Re: [dwm] Firefox problem...

From: Jukka Salmi <j+dwm_AT_2006.salmi.ch>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 11:27:49 +0200

usrucb_AT_gmail.com --> dwm (2006-09-27 20:25:52 -0700):
> I've been testing Firefox as a floating window:
>
> "Firefox.*", "2", True
>
> When viewing tag "1" windows in tiled mode, then issuing an openURL to
> Firefox, causes the Firefox window to suddenly appear. Firefox is not
> active or usable. Switching to floating mode doesn't affect access to
> Firefox. I'm only able to select windows tagged with "1".
>
> Adding tag "2" to the view or switching to viewing only tag "2" makes
> Firefox usable.

And explicitly viewing tag 1 instead of adding tag 2 to the view makes
the unuseable firefox window disappear? If so I'm seeing the same
problem with gkrellm which I'm running floating and tagged with the
first tag: when e.g. a network interface is created or destroyed
(causing gkrellm to draw a new monitor), gkrellm pops up on the view,
even if I'm not viewing the first tag at all.

I haven't been able to track down the problem so far.

Regards, Jukka

--
bashian roulette:
$ ((RANDOM%6)) || rm -rf ~