Re: [dwm] === seems to be no stayer

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_10kloc.org>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 13:24:14 +0200

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 09:31:48PM +0200, Julian Romero wrote:
> A personal opinion for free: big changes like that, kind of
> experiments...don't you think it would be better if they "live" on a
> different mercurial repo? It will help to keep the main branch
> history...let's say, clean. And it will be easier to maintain patches
> only for main branch.

Sorry it was my mistake to make this change and I realized it is
against the dwm philosophy. That's because I removed it asap
again and I hope I won't repeat such mistake.

I think the patch page is for experimental features which can be
applied to the mainstream distribution. If a patch feels well
after a longer time of testing, it might be an option to be
added officially. But the bottom stack feature does not really
scale for all scenarios I used it, the reason for this is quite
simple: 40% screen height is lesser then 100% screen height for
clients which don't need extraorbitant widths (like terminals).

Regards,