Re: [dwm] some useful changes

From: Ricardo Lanziano <ricardo.lanziano_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 11:54:37 -0500

* Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org> [2006-11-27 17:31:14 +0100]:

> On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 02:17:07PM +0100, Sander van Dijk wrote:
> > On 11/27/06, Enno Gottox Boland <gottox_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> > >I think this change make the whole configuration more weird. I never
> > >used more than one function per key.
> >
> > I agree with the "more weird" part, it makes config.h less intuitive;
> > writing a wrapper function really isn't that hard (people who don't
> > know enough C to do that, probably will be confused by this
> > configuration approach as well). I somehow find this approach to be
> > below par compared to the rest of dwm.

dwm configuration is through source code modification and recompilation,
so knowing a bit of C is requiered. I think that its not a feature that
depends on the user for being applied or not, its about making dwm code
smaller, efficient and better.

> What do others think about the change?
> Anyone likes the change? If not, I'd consider removing it
> again...

The change could be useful, just because we arent using more than one
function per key doesnt mean we wouldnt if its implemented.

--
                                                                            .vir.
Ricardo Lanziano                                                         .d$$$$$$b.