[dwm] Interesting idea by Gottox

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 10:40:25 +0100

Hi there,

Gottox proposed an interesting idea in IRC channel this morning.
I'd like to know, what people think about it, it's basically
removing a feature which is already there and making the
shortcuts simplier (maybe).

Here we go. Gottox proposed to get rid of view(), and letting
toggleview() do the work instead. This can be achieved through
allowing that no tag is viewed. This results in the side-effect
that during toggleview() clients with no tags at all (which
appeared during the time when no tag was viewed and which
haven't been matched with any rule) have to be tagged with the
new tag.

With this in mind one could get rid of all MODKEY-<n>
shortcuts and replace them with MODKEY-Ctrl-<n>,
the way dwm works would be more tagging-alike.

What do you think?

Regards,

--
 Anselm R. Garbe >< http://suckless.org/~arg/ >< GPG key: 0D73F361