Re: [dwm] xrandr (change screen orientation)

From: Szabolcs Nagy <nszabolcs_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 17:32:01 +0100

> The client stack in dwm is only used when the view changes

oh i see

> earlier versions before this stack stuff. In tiled mode one can
> live without it easily, but when using apps with popup dialogs
> a missing client stack is often annoying in my eyes.

yes i try to use apps with no popups + floating wins, so probably
that's why i never missed the stack
(focusing after closing the popup is only problematic when the popup
doesn't come from the master win)

recently i tend to use less gui and more cmd line / terminal apps, i
even thought about a togglemouse() function which could disable mouse
event handling, since mouse has no use in a tiled mode + terminal only
setup (except for copy pasting).

most gui apps / gui toolkits are not well designed and they are
annoying with client stack as well, i whish there would be more
projects like suckless to make life easier.

nsz