Re: [dwm] multiple functions per key revised

From: Sander van Dijk <a.h.vandijk_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 17:09:43 +0100

On 12/15/06, Enno Gottox Boland <gottox_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> WTF? Adding return for saving a few milliseconds and adding an extra
> layout to make dwm more bloat... I dont think this is a good idea.
>
> Imho we should stay where we are. This solution is very clean, doesn't
> waste loc and has a very small overhead.

Indeed. It is true that this doubles the average time needed to handle
a keypress (before the return was removed the average time to handle a
keypress was the time needed the handle the key in the middle of the
list, while now all keys take the time of the last one in the list;
then again, this does make all keyhandling times equal, which probably
increases predictability for people who can sense the difference
between 2 and 5 milliseconds :-P), but that's much less of a problem
to me than messing up config.h. This is simply not something that
belongs in config.h.

Greetings, Sander.