Re: [dwm] dwm/dmenu how to use?

From: Bill Puschmann <puschy_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 22:27:29 -0500

Michael - here's one particular thread that Sebastian could have referred to
(I know this one, since I had started it). I was actually after a different
answer, but the responses from Alexander, Christian and Antoni could also be
applied to your question. (Personally I'm using a hacked together version
of Antoni's script)

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.window-managers.dwm/1056/focus=1056

Basically it just takes a piped in string and displays it. Whatever you
"select" is then returned by the program. What we do is send in a list of
executables and then "execute" whatever is returned. (The aforementioned
email thread discusses ways of prebuilding the list of executables - I was
impatient and didn't want to wait for the whole thing to be generated every
single time I pressed the hotkey for "dmenu").

I don't have a problem with "elitism" as such - just with snobbery. At
least with elitism, it's a goal I can stretch for... sorta.

--
Pancho needs your prayers, it's true.  But save a few for Lefty, too.
-- T. Van Zandt