[dwm] Java Saga Continues...

From: Pavel Tatashin <mail_AT_soleen.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 21:35:50 -0500

Good day everyone!

I understand Arg has done a good investigation into Java problem, but
it is still an actual problem.
To set AWT_TOOLKIT=MToolkit Is a good solution until you need to use
Java's drag 'n drop operations. I spent half night debugging my JTree
to find out that DnD does not work because of Java vs. DWM issues...

Is this is not enough?
Well here is a more serious problem on Java's side. If
"AWT_TOOLKIT=MToolkit" is set Java VM 6, 64 bit version segfaults...
At least on Linux (checked with FC6) (JDK 5 64 bit works fine)

While the later one is purely Sun's fault, has anyone found a solution
to the first issue? I so got used to DWM and really hate to start
other WM just to work on my project.. :-(

Sincerely,
Soleen

--
Life Is BeAuTifuL :)  Жизнь прекрасна :)