[dwm] Text selection I-beam is hard to see

From: John S. Yates, Jr. <john_AT_yates-sheets.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 01:03:15 -0500

I posted this plea to both the Gentoo and Sabayon forums:

> I run dwm as my window manager. Of course this reflects
> the fact that the vast majority of my windows are text
> (emacs or urxvt xterms). When the pointer is not over
> selectable text it is an hovering cyan arrow pointing
> up and to the left with a subtle shadow. Over selectable
> text the pointer changes to a very fine vertical cyan
> I-beam with a ghost of a shadow. This I-beam is hard
> enough to see when the screen's brightness is cranked
> down. It becomes nearly invisible if I increase the
> brightness. Is there anything I can do to improve this
> situation? Change color to black? Use a thicker stroke
> to draw the I-beam?

I have successfully changed the pointer theme for Gnome
and KDE sessions. But when I log out and return to the
KDM greeter screen the original cyan pointer and nearly
invisible I-beam return. These remain in effect when I
start dwm. What do I need to do to use a different set
of pointer icons with dwm?

/john