[dwm] [st] some wishes

From: John S. Yates, Jr. <john_AT_yates-sheets.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 21:32:12 -0500

Anselm,

Now that you seem to be actively working on st I hope that we can
discuss the envisioned functionality. Here are a few features that
I would love to see:

- truncated lines properly redrawn when window size changes; this
  should work correctly whether the resizing is via a change in
  layout or via mouse dragging; this should work properly for
  growth in both horizontal and vertical directions; if font
  change is implemented (see next wish) this should work properly
  when dropping down to a smaller font

- some way to change the font-size on the fly; when I make a term
  small I would like to use a tiny font; when I grow it I would
  like to be able to switch to a larger font; in keeping with the
  dwm philosophy it might be nice to have some rule-based scheme
  for automatically picking font-size (similar to a dwm layout)
  with some way to control font-size manually (analogous to making
  a window floating and later returning it to layout-controlled)

- urxvt-like fading: I have my non-focused terms fade a few
  percent; I find this makes for much more intuitive next/prev
  navigation and location of the currently focused window
  following a new layout

/john