Re: [dwm] 9ubuntu?

From: Szabolcs Nagy <nszabolcs_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 12:40:07 +0100

> What do people think about this idea? Even if this might not
> be officially supported by the ubuntu community, I'd like to see
> something like this, because I need it. Is there anyone
> interested to initiate such a project?

of course i'd love to see that (and i'm sure many others do)

well many distribution started with similar goals (minimalistic,
development oriented, clear architecture) and ended up with
bloatedness

fortunately suckless comunity seems to concentrate on its goals better
so it still would be a great addition to the already immense amount of
distributions out there

one of my friends debian installation procedure is also educative:
have a live cd with a minimalistic debian system in tar.gz
create fs, copy tar.gz, untar, (get kernel, compile kernel,) reboot, base-config

you can guess it's much faster than the new userfriendly menudriven installation