Re: [dwm] focus changes

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 18:48:37 +0200

On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 05:04:58PM +0200, pancake wrote:
> I have noticed that when switching between different windows the window under
> the mouse pointer gets focus for a moment before focusing the right window.
>
> The window does not draws the focused border but acts as if it gets focus.
>
> I have noticed this opening 5 terminals, letting the mouse pointer on the
> master area and switching between windows with alt+j and alt+k. The commandline
> cursor blinks.
>
> The same happens when switching between tags.
>
> Maybe dwm calls twice to focus when switching between windows based on
> the mouse pointer position and later using the internal structures of dwm.

No, this is not dwm related, but X reports enter/focusin
events to the client windows, so this is the reason why those
clients draw themselve looking like accepting input during a
glance - but this is only until dwm focuses the right client.

(I know that one could grab the server, but this sucks - in
usual situations this is a no issue, so there won't be a
change.)

Regards.