Re: [dwm] layout state per workspace?

From: David Tweed <david.tweed_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 16:32:43 +0100

On 8/9/07, Kai Grossjohann <kai_AT_emptydomain.de> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 08:20:12AM -0500, Kurt H Maier wrote:
>
> > And what happens when my xterm window is tagged with "3"(tiled) and
> > "6"(floating)? What happens when I'm viewing tags 1+3+6?
>
> I thought that wmii could assign more than one tag to a window, but only
> display one tag at any given time,
>
> whereas dwm only assigns one tag to a given window, but can display more
> than one tag at a time.
>
> No?

In dwm, you can apply the multiple tags to a window (eg, "progamming"
and "experiment" to a terminal window containing a debugger.)
Likewise, you can view mulitple tags at once (eg, view "documents" and
"mail" if you want to refer to something whilst you're replying to
your webmail.)

--
cheers, dave tweed__________________________
david.tweed_AT_gmail.com