Re: [dwm] Quake style terminal emulators on DWM

From: Anydot <dfenze_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 16:26:16 +0200

On (04/09/07 19:36), Arun G Nair wrote:
> On 8/17/07, pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com> wrote:
> > wow yeahconsole is cool :) i saw yeahlaunch there too.
> >
> > I was a tilda user since i started using dwm, but i try yeahconsole, it's
> > useful to store cross-desktop/tag notes on a popup vim without losing
> > all the opened windows
> >

> How difficult would it be to add such a scratchpad (as ion calls it)
> to dwm ? It would be a great imo. I miss it.
>
> -Arun

As easy as is binding switching to some tag on some key :)) You can run
terminal on some tag (in default config you can ie ad tag 10 for this)
and bind it to ... MODKEY-~ :) and then in session startup only run
terminal on this tag (via config.h rules magic)

--
Premysl "Anydot" Hruby >> http://na.srck.net <<