[dwm] column layout revival?

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 17:57:49 +0200

A couple of weeks ago I decided to cancel my mail concerning
about changing dwm the wmii-way somewhat, because I got afraid
for some reason.

But now I wanna ask you as dwm-community, what do you think
about the idea to change dwm more into the wmii-way?

What I have in mind from time to time, esp. when being forced to
work with a standard resolution monitor is, that I'd like to see
the basic wmii column layout - but without column modes (simply
equal) and without all other clunk. To achieve this, we would
loose the ability to view more than one tag - but gaining the
layout preservation on the other side and having a real column
layout, which means allowing to move windows between the columns
left- and right-wards (which may create new columns) resp. up-
and down-wards to move them in the stack.

For simplicity reasons I won't like to see any layout modes
(they won't work anyways with decor-less windows).

So what do you think about this idea?

Regards,