Re: [dwm] What is the use of Compiz on DWM?

From: Jeroen Schot <schot-dwm_AT_a-eskwadraat.nl>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 10:56:12 +0200

On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 01:57:33AM +0200, pancake wrote:
> Once time ago there was a patch to support transparent windows on dwm using
> the X11 composite extensions. It was just 2 lines patch or so afaicr.

Yeah, I wrote that thing, but recently took it of the diri: It wasn't
very useful (just a proof of concept) and I've seen better version on a
few offsite patch collections.

Transparency/compositing could perhaps make a window manager more
productive, but all mainstream compositing window managers focus on eye
candy.

In dwm for example you might make all (unselected) floating windows
partially transparent. Too bad xcompmgr is such an unstable/leaky
bastard.

Regards,

--
Jeroen Schot
schot_AT_a-eskwadraat.nl (mail & jabber)