Re: [dwm] feature request

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 21:31:04 +0200

On Sun, Sep 23, 2007 at 01:00:31AM +0800, Fernan Bolando wrote:
> First of all reducing the source to a single dwm.c is very cool.
>
> I was wondering if these features are possible improvements into dwm
>
> 1. tab completion, when typing a command in dmenu
> ex.
> page /home/fernan/something.pdf

No, I believe if you really need such things it is better to use
a terminal + shell for this. It would clutter dmenu extremely
when it would contain such a feature. I remember that once such
feature has been included in wmi - and it just felt wrong.

> 2. I am not sure if this is a plan9port bug or dwm
>
> when in tile mode
> I launch page by typing "page /home/fernan/somefile.pdf"
> it tries to change the windowsize and it crashes.
> in float it's no problem.

I believe that dwm behaves pretty ICCCM compliant and I also
believe that there are issues in the X backend of p9p (I
remember similiar issues in acme/p9p).

But adding some debug info to configurerequest might enlighten
us. Which version of page (p9p) do you use? Please provide me
all necessary info that I can try to reproduce your issue.

Regards,