Re: [dwm] dynamic nmaster proposal

From: Tuncer Ayaz <tuncer.ayaz_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 19:21:25 +0200

On 10/18/07, Antoni Grzymala <antoni_AT_chopin.edu.pl> wrote:
> Tuncer Ayaz dixit (2007-10-18, 17:50):
>
> > The only way I need nmaster is this
> >
> > +---------+
> > +---------+
> > +---------+
> >
> > I set it to 2. that's all.
>
> Then I suggest you take a closer look at GNU screen and its "split"
> function. Better, more flexible, and nmaster not required.

I'm using screen most of the time but did not really use the split
functionality yet. What bothers me most about screen is the scrolling
behaviour. Shift+PgUp/PgDown that is. Right now I just pipe the output
to a pager as a workaround. I know about screen's scroll mode but
did not get used to it yet.

I will take a look at screen's split functionality and will probably
be able to ditch nmaster then, who knows :).

Thanks again for reminding me.