Re: [dwm] dynamic nmaster proposal

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 03:49:59 +0200

Here's a mini-help O:)

On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 07:21:25PM +0200, Tuncer Ayaz wrote:
> > Then I suggest you take a closer look at GNU screen and its "split"
> > function. Better, more flexible, and nmaster not required.
>
> I'm using screen most of the time but did not really use the split
> functionality yet. What bothers me most about screen is the scrolling
> behaviour. Shift+PgUp/PgDown that is. Right now I just pipe the output
> to a pager as a workaround. I know about screen's scroll mode but
> did not get used to it yet.

^a<esc> - enter scrolling mode
 / - search in buffer
 <intro> - start/end text selection
^a] - paste buffer

> I will take a look at screen's split functionality and will probably
> be able to ditch nmaster then, who knows :).

^aS - split into two rows
^a<tab> - switch between splits

I know default screen keybindings are not very handly, does
anybody have a decent configuration? or a dwm-compatible one
with not-emacs-like keybindings?

--pancake