Re: [dwm] some opinions

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 11:45:04 +0100

On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 03:15:14AM +0100, Robert Figura wrote:

> "Anselm R. Garbe" <arg_AT_suckless.org> wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > I'm not sure if I like the Button struct idea, because it
> > has a lot of impacts which are more complicated than shortcuts.
> > This is related to the fact that we need to grab/ungrab for
> > button events on client windows.
> >
> > If it is only about defining what happens on Button1...3 press
> > on the bar window or on the selected client window, we could
> > think about such thing. Then I see two different structs, one
> >
> > Button barclick[] {...};
> >
> > and one
> >
> > Button clientclick[] {...};
>
> Considering that i underestimated the complications and probably
> overestimated the usefulness it is probably not worth the effort to put
> clientclick[] into existence. For me, the puzzle remains if it could be
> done in a clean way.
>
> But i think barclick[] on the other hand may well be worth it.

The problem with barclick is, that the tagging area should keep
working as is, same with the layout indicator. So the only
remaining areas are the bar where the client title is displayed
and the status text. All in all I believe too much overhead to
provide easy extension/customization for this ;)
Actually I believe that changing the mouse click handling on
specific bar areas should be done due a dwm.c patch.

Regards,