Re: [dwm] dwm-4.6 / dmenu-3.4

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 12:14:45 +0100

On Sat, Oct 27, 2007 at 12:48:34PM +0200, Pieter Verberne wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 27, 2007 at 10:44:18AM +0200, Sander van Dijk wrote:
> > On 10/27/07, Arun G Nair <arungnair_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Do you know which ones need this ? I just have Firefox, pidgin (which
> > > still steals focus) and xpdf. All of these maximize filling the
> > > screen. Its just xterm. If anyone has a patch, please send it.
> >
> > Btw, you are aware that you're choosing eye-candy over functionality
> > here, right? ;-)
>
> I think resizing the borders or status bar could fill up the unused
> space of xterm.

I think that's xterms job here.

Honestly, the decision to remove RESIZEHINTS is also related to
enforce myself to finish the st development. st will be the
first terminal which works fine with any size given by the WM.
Actually I told this already a year ago and not much happend
since then, but I believe that st will really be usable in half
a year.

Regards,