Re: [dwm] 4.7 is delayed

From: Sander van Dijk <a.h.vandijk_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 18:25:32 +0100

On Nov 5, 2007 11:01 AM, Ritesh Kumar <ritesh_AT_cs.unc.edu> wrote:
> I have a few comments...
>
> Do you want to keep LENGTH(), seltags and prevtags in config.def.h? My
> configuration doesn't need them and I doubt if somebody else's will.

I think prevtags doesn't belong in config.h at all, seltags is
arguably a nice thing to have though. I guess LENGTH() could be in
dwm.c as well, as long as it appears before the inclusion of config.h.

> I think the best option is to double buffer this thing. So while the input
> is being read (till we encounter a \n), we keep displaying the old string.
> So long as there is a pause between the read()ing of any two \n's we won't
> have flicker or incomplete string display.

Although I haven't looked at the patch yet, so I can't comment on the
implementation, I definitely agree with the approach you suggest.

Greetings, Sander.