Re: [dwm] cpt alternative proposal

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 12:44:57 +0100

On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 02:07:09PM +0100, pancake wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 11:26:48AM +0100, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> > Most of the changes since dwm-4.3 have been made to easy
> > patching it and allow patches to access all variables and
> > functions without the need to change dwm.c. This has been done
> > especially for the layout integration.
>
> Actually I only need to patch dwm.c for the mouseontitle which I would like
> to see a way to implement or configure it without having to do it. rfigura
> has made a proposal for it, but I don't know if it's the best approach,
> but hooking actions to mouse button actions on titlebar in a similary way
> keybindings are done..sth like mousebindings or so.

I thought about this proposal for a while, but I tend to the
fact that such functionality belongs to a dwm.c patch (esp.
because the mouse-based tagging is intended to be as is).
A hook interface to mouse events for the status bar seems a
little bit overengineered to me.

You could even separate the handling if you write a
buttonpress(XEvent *) replacement.

Regards,