[dwm] Characters still mess up in Xterm/RXVT

From: Pieter Verberne <pieterverberne_AT_xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 14:11:24 +0100

Hi all,

I've wrote earlier about this issue. Well, things have become better
since the last time I wrote on this but I'm still having troubles:

for example, when I type 'ls' I get this:
$ ls
altroot boot bsd.rd etc mnt root stand tmp var
bin bsd dev home obsd sbin sys usr

Now I open a new xterm (Alt+Shift+Enter) and hit Alt+Enter to switch
back to my previous xterm with the ls. All I see now is this:

$ ls
altroot boot bsd.rd etc mnt root
bin bsd dev home obsd sbin
$

So from 'stand' and 'sys' the lines are cut off! This really makes -much-
less usable. This occurs both with Xterm and rxvt. (Kai once gave me the
advice to use urxvt but OpenBSD does not have a port for it.)

Using 'screen' does make things better but I don't want to use it.

Another problem I often get with Nvi is that after resizing xterm, VI
gives the following error:

Window resize interrupted
text input mode

And when I type 'j' :

Error: move: l(19) c(48) o(0

(Anselm R. Garbe: You are working on st wich should solve these issues,
isn't it? How is st doing now?)

I really like dwm. Especially it's 'smallness' but I just have to get
rid of all this struggling.

Pieter Verberne