[dwm] dwm wish, a tidy-up function

From: Antoni Grzymala <antoni_AT_chopin.edu.pl>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 00:44:38 +0100

Hi,

just came across another idea. How about implementing a function in dwm
that would reapply all the predefined rules (float/non-float, tagging)
to all clients in a dwm session.

This could either be a function bindable to a keystroke, or dwm reacting
to a signal (say, HUP), or what not.

This way, when I do a total mess with tagging and floating my clients
(sometimes it happens and I get lost) I could get my everyday dwm state
with one keystroke or command.

What do you think?

I presume this could also be achieved by restarting dwm, but this
doesn't seem too clean to me, and also would not integrate well with a
login manager (from what it seems).

If something like that is already there, excuse my infinite dumbness for
not noticing.

Best,

--
[a]