Re: [dwm] Xinerama support

From: David Tweed <david.tweed_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 12:18:28 +0000

On Dec 9, 2007 11:54 AM, Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org> wrote:
> could you imagine that there is a way that dwm could be used in
> a Xinerama environment and how that might look like?

[A collective groan goes around as people realise I'm still around :-) ]

Yes and

http://www.personal.rdg.ac.uk/~sis05dst/desktop.jpg

Seriously though, I think a better way to pose the question is: if you
had a xinerama setup, what applications would you want simultaneously
open and do their needed shapes affect how you'd like to interact with
them. Personally, I tend to use mostly editor windows which are good
in a narrow-tall shape so increasing the number of columns works for
me, and sometimes sets of terminals, gnuplot windows and images which
again work in grid mode. I also tend to just have related windows
under a tag, so having multiple tag sets or bars doesn't really add
anything for me. Narrow columns are bad for web browsers or ps/pdf
doc's I find.

[FWIW, I still intend to post some new patches when I get time to (i)
update to modern dwm (I'm off a modified 4.3 still) and (ii) I figure
up how my wmii-style stack-mode modification has screwed up the
focussing code. Unfortunately I've been very busy recently.]

--
cheers, dave tweed__________________________
david.tweed_AT_gmail.com