Re: [dwm] [ANNOUNCE] dvtm-0.1

From: Marc Andre Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 22:22:55 +0100

On Fri, Dec 21, 2007 at 11:17:42PM +0100, pancake wrote:
> Cool release!
>
> Did you was able to run dvtm on openbsd or netbsd? I dunno... looks
> like librote needs pty.h which is not a bsd stuff (dont know in fbsd)
> but building librote with --disable-pty makes the dvtm build faild
> because of an missing symbol:
>
> dvtm.c:(.text+0xafa): undefined reference to `rote_vt_forkpty'

Some one already sent me a patch for *BSD support but apparently i broke
it again. I should probably set up a kvm/qemu vm as test environment.
Try removing the #include <pty.h> in rote.c as this is not needed on
*BSD. Then rerun configure without --disable-pty, hope it works.

> About the redrawing timeout..Is this a temporally hack? select()
> have you taken a look on the screen sources? I dont know how they
> handle this in a proper way.

It's the way it is until someone proposes a better way / writes a patch :)
I haven't looked at the screen sources yet, if i find the time i will
investigate in a select based solution.

> For the rest. Awesome work! I find it quite usable and makes my
> putty sessions more comfortable :)

Yep, mine too.

Regards,
Marc