Re: [dwm] mail notification again

From: Peter Vollmar <linux_AT_vollmar.ch>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 14:12:30 +0100 (CET)

Am 10 Jan schrieb Jukka Salmi:
> Peter Vollmar --> dwm (2008-01-09 23:05:49 +0100):

>> fetchmail -c|sed 's/(//'|awk '{print $1-$3}'
>> 1
>
> Hmm, this doesn't really work if you configure fetchmail to check more
> than one folder... And, BTW: if you use more than one of grep, sed and
> awk in a single pipline, you have almost always done something wrong
> ;-)
no problem, I only check one imap folder, and it works!

> Run all commands except fetchmail every n seconds in a loop as you
> already do, and fetchmail only every m loop iterations. Thus fetchmail
> will be executed only every mn seconds.
yes, that sounds like what I need, thanks also to Martin and Antony. I
don't have cron, so I'm interested in a separate loop (or distinct loop
iterations), but I don't know how to do it :-)
Thanks a lot, Peter

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen
P. Vollmar