Re: [dwm] [ANNOUNCE] dvtm-0.3

From: Marc Andre Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 21:14:43 +0100

On Sat, Jan 19, 2008 at 01:41:05PM +0100, Fabio Scotoni wrote:
> Hello Marc
>
> I'm amazed! I've just heard about dvtm and i really like it! Especially
> the way of it's configuration, just like dwm!
> The most people use screen, but it's not what i personally like.
> Congratulations to you and your wonderful work!

Hi Fabio,

Thanks!

> But it's giving the arrow keys as ^[[A to ^[[D to vim. Good, that's not a
> big problem, at least, as i can use hjkl, but it would be more
> comfortable with the arrow keys.

I never noticed this, it seems like the following workaround works in
the shortterm (colors may be a bit different though).

 TERM=linux vim [some file]

vim checks $TERM and does some things differently if it thinks it's run
from within an xterm or derivate like rxvt which is what madtty/dvtm
emulates.

> And dvtm is leaving an empty screen behind, not a really nice thing.

What do you mean by this? A blank screen after you have quit dvtm?

Regards,
Marc

--
 Marc Andre Tanner >< http://www.brain-dump.org/ >< GPG key: CF7D56C0