Re: [dwm] visibility of focused windows

From: John S. Yates, Jr. <john_AT_yates-sheets.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 23:00:49 -0500

I have not looked at the code in a good while but wanted to suggest
the following code concept. My thought sprang from Anselm writing

> I propose using setlayout("[M]") and setlayout("[]=")

and then later

> I plan to introduce 3 additional key bindings:
>
> Mod1-f (Apply floating layout)
> Mod1-m (Apply monocle layout)
> Mod1-t (Apply tiled layout)

There already is a notion of the current layout. Imagine that
there is also a saved layout and the following function:

char *resolvelayout(char *proposed)
{
    if (proposed == current)
        proposed = saved;
    else
        saved = current;
    current = proposed;
    return proposed;
}

With this function I can have every target layout toggle:

    setlayout( resolvelayout("[M]") );
    setlayout( resolvelayout("[]=") );
    setlayout( resolvelayout("<><") );

Just a thought,