Re: [dwm] a lone client could be borderless

From: Ralph E. Carter <vamosaverlas_AT_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 17:46:46 -0400

> Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 19:49:18 +0100
> From: nszabolcs_AT_gmail.com
> To: dwm_AT_suckless.org
> Subject: Re: [dwm] a lone client could be borderless
>
> On 3/21/08, markus schnalke wrote:
>> But anyway, special corner case handling leads to bad code. It
>> conflicts with generality, which is one of the design principles.

I understand. My principle would be "the border only appears when needed".

> if you look into the code then you will realise that the 'one tiled
> client' case is handled specially anyway
> (there is a 'if (--n==0)' branch)
>
> in my setup if (n == 1) then layout falls back to monocle (which is borderless)

Hey!
Thanks to your hint, I did it.

In dwm.c:
In tileh() and tilev(), call monocle:

        if(--n == 0) {
                monocle();
                return;
        }

In monocle(), adjust as discussed above:

                        resize(c, mox - c->bw, moy - c->bw, mow, moh, RESIZEHINTS);

(It is here that the multi-monitor behavior might be affected. I don't know.
Have you tried this on multi-monitors?)

Now my dwm-4.9 appears to be perfect.
(Off topic: I apologize for the Windows footer added to these posts.
I want to leave Hotmail, and do something with Wordpress, or obtain
hosting somewhere, but I am unsure how to proceed.)