Re: [dwm] ntile layout for dwm hg tip

From: Nibble <nibble_AT_develsec.org>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 18:37:27 +0200

Hi there,

> And I can say that for xinerama we will probably need to adapt it to
> support also vertical tiling. Using horitzontal it's mostly a waste of
> space on big screens.

Yes, I think you are right. Furthermore, horizontal tiling (Anselm's notation)
could be useful for some other geoms (eg "bottom").

> I would like to see something like vntile and hntile or just a toggle for
> it. What do you think about this?

It is a good idea. In the patch there are now four layouts called:
        "-|=", ntilevv
        "-||", ntilevh
        "||=", ntilehv
        "|||", ntilehh
to fit all the cases: 2 small screens, 2 big screens, 1 small and/or 1 big
screen. People can safely remove from the patch those ones they don't
need.

I hope it was what you were thinking about :).

Kind regards,
Nibble