Re: [dwm] snapping bugs with multiple screens

From: Matthias-Christian Ott <ott_AT_enolink.de>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 22:00:08 +0200

Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net> wrote:

> Good evening.

Hi,

> Am Mon, 05 May 2008 20:35:38 +0200
> schrieb Matthias-Christian Ott <ott_AT_enolink.de>:
>
> > I want commented votes (as previously illustrated by example).
>
> Things we need for establishing such a democratic system:
>
> 1.) A voting register for classifying the voting population
> 2.) A classification of topics for that population
> 3.) A list of political incorrect words for that population
> 4.) A common level of language experience the population
> understands
>
> After that we can start analyzing the population and use the gath-
> ered data to create a neutral poll at a date where we can assure
> that the democratic will of that population is expressed. I don't
> know if there are examples in the history of Free Software that
> forced voting has worked.
>
> The first task to start the system incubation is to vote for
> a committee that works on the constitution of dwm, which needs
> to be accepted by the registered population.
>
> Will you accept the position of the head of that committee?

Come on it's enough now. Do you remember how this pointless discussion
started:

| Polls are stupid.

I just wanted to involve the users a bit on this issue. And in fact this
statement is stupid and not polls.

| Let's do a poll!

So what's so offensive about this statement that it causes such a noise?
Why don't we just shut up, concentrate on the problem and perhaps
propose a solution, because I think the criticism on dwm's behaviour is
valid.

I just wanted to involve everyone to comment on the multihead behaviour
if he likes to. So we can have a system that working better than now,
because it seemed there are problems.

And that's that!

> Sincerely,
>
> Christoph Lohmann