Re: [dwm] way towards 5.0

From: Jan Christoph Ebersbach <dwm_AT_e-jc.de>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 12:07:37 +0200

On Sat 17-05-2008 16:05 +0200, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:

> Let me know how welcome do you feel about those changes. Bug reports
> are also welcome.

I'm really wondering about the roadmap of dwm. - Since version 2.8 the
development is officially finished, isn't it? From my point of view most
of the changes are related to moving locs.

The description of dwm says: It manages windows in tiled and floating
layouts.

So why don't we concentrate on these things? Main dwm comes with just
two/one tiled modes although the current way to include patches would
allow us add all the bstack, fibonacci ... modes in separate files and
let the user decide which one he actually needs.

The floating layout is totally useless when it comes to mouseless usage
and even with the mouse there is no window manager that provides such
weak functionality to manage floating windows.

I'd like to see changes in these areas before we think about another
features that are added and removed within a few days (vote for an
experimental branch).

My two cents.

--
Jan Christoph Ebersbach
But by the grace of God I am what I am. 1. Cor 15,10