Re: [dwm] Documentation!

From: Henrik Holst <holst_AT_matmech.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 11:18:33 +0200

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 10:40:39PM +0200, dwm-request_AT_suckless.org wrote:
> Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 14:35:13 +0100
> From: "David Tweed" <david.tweed_AT_gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [dwm] Documentation!
> To: "dynamic window manager" <dwm_AT_suckless.org>
>
> On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 1:36 PM, Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org> wrote:
> >> So, to sum up, what I think is stopping dwm is a really good solution
> >> for xinerama setups and maximize/monocle (maybe we could try with
> >> Anselm's idea of restoring geometries in focus changes? I could give
> >> it a try...).
> >
> > Well, dwm is not for multihead setups after all. If you want to
> > use dwm, buy a big screen instead. They are really affordable
> > nowadays (NO, I don't have a contract with screen vendors ;))
>
> I've been waiting for the code movement to slow down before looking at
> it again. Can I just confirm dwm will still technically work linked
> against libxinerama, just doesn't have any special processing for it.
> (As Jimmy mentions, if you haven't got a monitor buying a widescreen
> one makes sense but if you've already got one it's easier to
> requisition/buy another than replace it with a new one.)

Is it really a problem of code being developed? Or is it a problem with
a stable API*, for patches and such? Maybe that is what dwm needs in
dwm-5.x, a promise of a stable api and workflow.

*API in the sense of functions, global variables, files and workflow.

--
Henrik Holst, Sweden      | TYPING IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR THINKING
holst CHR(64) matmech.com | - A Manual for BASIC,