Re: [dwm] Border on fullscreen WINE apps and tag masks

From: Szabolcs Nagy <nszabolcs_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 07:56:06 +0200

On 7/18/08, Alex Matviychuk <alexmat_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> 1.) In the config.def.h file for DWM 5.0.1 there is a Tag Mask field
> and I'm not quite sure how to use. When I start up DWM I have
> stalonetray launch from .xinitrc and I'd like it to go to my 4th tag.
> What is the best way to do this?

tag mask is interpreted in binary
if the nth bit==1 then the nth tag is selected otherwise not.
(rightmost bit is the 0th)

in C '<< n' is left shift by n, which adds zeros from right, so 1<<4
is 10000 in binary
(the 4th bit set thus 5th tag is selected (counting tags from 1))
(selecting more tags can be done like (1<<4)|(1<<6) or ~0 means all tags)

use the xprop command and select the stalonetray window to see
the window class or name (you should use a substring of it in the rule).

to answer your question, you'll need something like
 /* class instance title tags mask isfloating */
 { "Stalone", NULL, NULL, 1 << 3, False },
(rule strings are case sensitive!)

> 2.) I enjoy the occasional old game through WINE, but when I start up
> a game and it goes fullscreen, there is a border around the window and
> a little bit of the game window is hidden. Not a big deal, but is
> there a way to fix this?

does it occure with floating layout as well?
if not then try to set the wine window floating in the rules.