Re: [dwm] Being not so elitist

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 10:51:43 +0100

2008/7/29 Tobias Ulmer <tobiasu_AT_tmux.org>:
> On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 09:44:46AM +0100, Anselm R Garbe wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> 2008/7/29 markus schnalke <meillo_AT_marmaro.de>:
>> > "This keeps its userbase small and elitist. No novices asking stupid
>> > questions."
>>
>> Well, I removed this statement, now. It was on purpose 2 years ago,
>> though. It wasn't intended as offense, however.
>>
>> I might restore this statement, if a new user shows up proposing or
>> asking for a configuration file format.
>
> Why doesn't dwm have a config file?
>
> Man that was quick, two years, where's uriel when you need him.
> Disappointing.

You misinterpret Uriel here. Uriel has never been involved in dwm,
basically all statements on this page were more or less a summary
towards wmii, why I abandoned it in favor for a lighter WM. IMHO Uriel
disagreed for quite a long time with the dwm approach, maybe he still
does. dwm has been created because I disagreed with Uriels wmii
vision, which seemed to be a never ending story.

Kind regards,
Anselm