Re: [dwm] Being not so elitist

From: Evan Gates <evan.gates_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 10:51:34 -0700

Personally I don't really care about the elitist clause; let the software do
the speaking. When I was new to suckless.org I liked what they had to say,
but all in all it was the code that got me hooked.

Sure, some people in the community are dicks at times. When I was new I got
flamed on IRC for asking stupid questions. It made me a better developer.
It taught me to figure it out for myself and stop whining for help.

And as for the configuration file...I'd say we have a very universal syntax
with one of the most tried, tested, and stable parsers we could possibly
use. There is more documentation on our configuration file syntax than for
any I can think of right now.

-Evan