Re: [dwm] Coding styles

From: Tuncer Ayaz <tuncer.ayaz_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 19:26:07 +0200

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 6:00 PM, pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 17:28 +0200, Kai Großjohann wrote:
> > I don't understand why IDEs are considered so bad.
> >
> > IDEs make it easy to shoot yourself in the foot (by clicking with the
> > mouse, no less). But all C programmers know that it works to just avoid
> > shooting yourself in the foot. Also, there may be bad IDEs.
> >
> > I use Eclipse for Java programming, with viPlugin.
>
> im some bad times of my life i have been using eclipse with a home-made
> crack for viplugin. I can look for it if you want.

if you're a hardcore vi user you might want to take a look at
http://eclim.sf.net :-)

I've been using Vim for many years and after using some major modes
in Emacs I'm using Emacs for most coding jobs (of course with a custom
dotemacs) these days. Especially stuff like distel (Erlang mode) or
the Haskell mode which allows you to use Unicode symbols/characters
for stuff like lambda instead of '\' is great :D