Re: [dwm] make setlayout toggle

From: Donald Chai <donald.chai_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 16:58:47 -0800

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 1:39 AM, Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, are there any concerns making this upstream again? (Yes I know, we
> had this already in earlier versions, by that time it was called
> togglelayout())... There were reasons for not toggling, basically it
> was confusing to toggle the layout after a long period of time,
> because one forgets about what the previous layout was.

I think the behavior in vanilla dwm sucks less:
   - press MOD+1 to view tag 1
   - press MOD+1 again = no-op
   - press MOD+TAB to view previously selected tag
   - press MOD+m to set monocle layout
   - press MOD+m again = no-op
   - press MOD+space to use previously selected layout

The proposed change would add inconsistency, unless if people want the
second MOD+1 to jump to the previously selected set of tags or do some
other weird thing.

Then again, I only ever switch between two layouts, and only use MOD+space.