Re: [dwm] dwm and dualhead

From: Mate Nagy <mnagy_AT_port70.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 18:08:59 +0100

Hiho,
On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 06:05:23PM +0100, Johannes Wegener wrote:
> Hi,
> is there anybody who has experience with dwm and dualhead setups? I
> tried to use dwm with a xrandr dualhead but it seemed quite useless becouse I
> could just drag floating windows into the second screen. Xinerama seems
 people on this list seemed to have convinced themselves that this is a
good thing to do in any way or form. (It's not.)
> no more supported by xorg 7.4 and the intel driver.
 I just ran into this about a week ago. Dammit.
> So my question are do you plan to put xrandr support into dwm? or has
> anybody a hack/workaround for that problem?
 It's called 'awesome', a fork of dwm that has proper xrandr support...
and drops every other advantage of dwm, has completely ridiculous
dependencies (including nonstandard make), theme support and ugly
graphics all over the place.

Mate