Re: [dwm] No Border Behaviour

From: Matthias-Christian Ott <ott_AT_mirix.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 21:27:29 +0100

David Whittington wrote:
>>> I think that is exactly how the current dwm implementation is supposed
>>> to be -- I never said anything different to that (at least not that I
>>> intended it).
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>> --Anselm
>>>

>> I agree with Matthias. The purpose of a border is to separate one
>> client from another. If there is only one client visible at a given
>> time (i.e. monocle) then borders in my opinion are a waste of space.
>> So borders should be set to 0 whenever the layout is monocle,
>> regardless of the number of clients tagged under the selected tag(s).
>>
>> -voltaic
>>

> It is possible for multiple clients to be visible at the same time in
> monocle if one or more of them is floating.
>
> - David

Floating windows should always be drawn with border, because here the
border serves its purpose, but the maximised window in background should
be borderless or in case you want the border as focus indicator, you
could of course draw it, even if an unfocused floating window already
indicates, that the maximised window received the focus, but I don't
think this is really necessary.

Regards,
Matthias-Christian